Siddle wants to play in 2015 WC for Oz
Sydney: Australian fast bowler Peter Siddle has claimed he would like to play in the 2015 fifty overs World Cup despite his burgeoning reputation as a Test specialist. Siddle, who is widely regarded as the leader of Australia`s Test bowling line-up, has dedicated himself solely to five-day matches through a hectic 2013 schedule.
However, Siddle has not given up hope of returning to the one-day arenas in time for the home World Cup in early 2015 after the upcoming tour of India and twin Ashes series. Siddle said he is not saying he will never play in the one-day format ever, but with the schedule they have got coming up i.e. 14 Test matches until this time next year, there is a lot of cricket to be played and he wants to get Australia back to No.1. Siddle added he wants to play as many of those Test matches as he can, if not all of them, and added that for him personally, the best preparation is to take a bit of time off.
The quick further said as everyone knows, these are the biggest series we ever play in, so to be a part of hopefully all those Test matches is his goal. Siddle added that the Test series they got a World Cup coming along, so he wants to try to put my hand up, adding he will then see how he goes and hopefully get back in the short form.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'