Six bookies arrested in Goa for betting on IPL final
Panaji: Six bookies were arrested Monday by Goa Police for accepting bets on Indian Premium League`s (IPL) final match between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings held Sunday night.
Police Inspector Nilesh Rane said that over 40 mobile phones and half a dozen laptops were seized from the arrested bookies along with cash (not specified).
The arrests followed a raid at a rental holiday home in Candolim, a popular beach village, 15 km from here.
"They had been camping in Goa for about 45 days to collect bets for the IPL," Rane said.
Police sources said that the lead for the raid was provided by a Delhi Police team, which landed in Goa last week to follow up leads after the dramatic arrests of former India pacer S. Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila (all Rajasthan Royals players) for spot fixing.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference