Six bookies arrested in Goa for betting on IPL final
Panaji: Six bookies were arrested Monday by Goa Police for accepting bets on Indian Premium League`s (IPL) final match between Mumbai Indians and Chennai Super Kings held Sunday night.
Police Inspector Nilesh Rane said that over 40 mobile phones and half a dozen laptops were seized from the arrested bookies along with cash (not specified).
The arrests followed a raid at a rental holiday home in Candolim, a popular beach village, 15 km from here.
"They had been camping in Goa for about 45 days to collect bets for the IPL," Rane said.
Police sources said that the lead for the raid was provided by a Delhi Police team, which landed in Goa last week to follow up leads after the dramatic arrests of former India pacer S. Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and Ajit Chandila (all Rajasthan Royals players) for spot fixing.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- UP elections: Mulayam Singh says he will campaign for son Akhilesh
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Virat Kohli vs Sachin Tendulkar: Who is a better cricketer? Read what Virender Sehwag has to say