Six bookies arrested in Pakistan
Lahore: Police arrested six bookies involved in betting on the Pakistan-Bangladesh match in the final of the Asia Cup cricket tournament, a spokesman said.
Police raided a house in the Defence area of Lahore and arrested six bookies, including Dilip Kumar and Anil Kumar, and seized 60 telephones, four LCD televisions and books with details of the bets, spokesman Niyab Haider said.
Anil Kumar told police that the bookies had received bets worth Rs 6 million on final match of the Asia Cup.
A case was registered against the accused, Haider said.
A bookie was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Lahore after the match between India and Pakistan on March 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- GUJCET Results 2015 declared on gseb.org
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday