Six bookies arrested in Pakistan
Lahore: Police arrested six bookies involved in betting on the Pakistan-Bangladesh match in the final of the Asia Cup cricket tournament, a spokesman said.
Police raided a house in the Defence area of Lahore and arrested six bookies, including Dilip Kumar and Anil Kumar, and seized 60 telephones, four LCD televisions and books with details of the bets, spokesman Niyab Haider said.
Anil Kumar told police that the bookies had received bets worth Rs 6 million on final match of the Asia Cup.
A case was registered against the accused, Haider said.
A bookie was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Lahore after the match between India and Pakistan on March 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees