Six bookies arrested in Pakistan
Lahore: Police arrested six bookies involved in betting on the Pakistan-Bangladesh match in the final of the Asia Cup cricket tournament, a spokesman said.
Police raided a house in the Defence area of Lahore and arrested six bookies, including Dilip Kumar and Anil Kumar, and seized 60 telephones, four LCD televisions and books with details of the bets, spokesman Niyab Haider said.
Anil Kumar told police that the bookies had received bets worth Rs 6 million on final match of the Asia Cup.
A case was registered against the accused, Haider said.
A bookie was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Lahore after the match between India and Pakistan on March 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Harsimrat's charge of my misbehaviour with her 'wild': Ramesh
- A rat-free land: New Zealand announces plan to become 'predator-free' by 2050!
- Saudis say five guards killed in clashes on Yemen border
- RBI fines BoB, PNB, HDFC Bank for regulatory lapses
- Who is this little singer with beautiful voice that even Shreya Ghoshal wants to meet! Watch video