Six bookies arrested in Pakistan
Lahore: Police arrested six bookies involved in betting on the Pakistan-Bangladesh match in the final of the Asia Cup cricket tournament, a spokesman said.
Police raided a house in the Defence area of Lahore and arrested six bookies, including Dilip Kumar and Anil Kumar, and seized 60 telephones, four LCD televisions and books with details of the bets, spokesman Niyab Haider said.
Anil Kumar told police that the bookies had received bets worth Rs 6 million on final match of the Asia Cup.
A case was registered against the accused, Haider said.
A bookie was shot dead by unidentified gunmen in Lahore after the match between India and Pakistan on March 18.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Valour of a soldier: CRPF officer Satwant Singh fights Naxals till his last breath
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city