SL cricket selector Amal Silva leaves panel
Colombo: Sri Lanka`s national selection committee member Amal Silva has quit the panel citing personal reasons.
"I sent in my resignation to the minister of sports," Silva told reporters last night.
Silva, who played nine Tests in the mid 1980s as a left handed opening batsman and wicketkeeper, has served the national selection panel in two separate stints.
Sri Lanka Cricket officials said sports minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage would appoint Silva`s successor as soon as possible to team up with the rest of the selectors-- Asantha de Mel, Don Anurasiri and Hemantha Wickremaratne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over SP leader Azam Khan's controversial remark on Muslim population
- Former CM Panneerselvam demands secret voting in Tamil Nadu Assembly
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Exclusive: In conversation with Rajnath Singh, Union Home Minister
- DMK, Congress will vote against government formation in Tamil Nadu
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowance Committee likely to submit report on 20 February
- Pakistan Senate passes Hindu Marriage Bill
- This video of Brett Lee's 143m six is taking internet by storm – Watch Video
- India can meet its energy requirements from Moon by 2030, says ISRO