SL cricket selector Amal Silva leaves panel
Colombo: Sri Lanka`s national selection committee member Amal Silva has quit the panel citing personal reasons.
"I sent in my resignation to the minister of sports," Silva told reporters last night.
Silva, who played nine Tests in the mid 1980s as a left handed opening batsman and wicketkeeper, has served the national selection panel in two separate stints.
Sri Lanka Cricket officials said sports minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage would appoint Silva`s successor as soon as possible to team up with the rest of the selectors-- Asantha de Mel, Don Anurasiri and Hemantha Wickremaratne.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- PM Narendra Modi ropes in Nandan Nilekani to boost process of digital payments post demonetisation
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional