SLC clears Lankan cricketers` outstanding wages
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has settled in full the outstanding wages of the nation`s cricketers after almost an year after.
The SLC on Friday said that it has cleared all outstanding dues of the cricketers, who were not paid since the end of last year`s World Cup after the board ran into serious financial problems with a string of unpaid bills.
In December last year, the ICC remitted around 40 per cent of the wages direct to players` bank accounts from the participation money due to Sri Lanka from the World Cup.
In February this year, the state-owned Bank of Ceylon said that they were releasing 600 million Sri Lankan rupees to meet SLC`s finances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Wondering if Ranveer Singh is on board Deepika Padukone’s ‘Padmavati’? Details inside
- Saif Ali Khan finds Kareena Kapoor very sexy in 'Yeh Mera Dil' song
- Donald Trump demands special prosecutor to probe Hillary Clinton allegations
- Assam BJP leader's son kidnapped, ULFA releases ISIS-style video
- Amazon working on music subscription service for $5 a month