SLC clears Lankan cricketers` outstanding wages
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has settled in full the outstanding wages of the nation`s cricketers after almost an year after.
The SLC on Friday said that it has cleared all outstanding dues of the cricketers, who were not paid since the end of last year`s World Cup after the board ran into serious financial problems with a string of unpaid bills.
In December last year, the ICC remitted around 40 per cent of the wages direct to players` bank accounts from the participation money due to Sri Lanka from the World Cup.
In February this year, the state-owned Bank of Ceylon said that they were releasing 600 million Sri Lankan rupees to meet SLC`s finances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre