SLC clears Lankan cricketers` outstanding wages
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has settled in full the outstanding wages of the nation`s cricketers after almost an year after.
The SLC on Friday said that it has cleared all outstanding dues of the cricketers, who were not paid since the end of last year`s World Cup after the board ran into serious financial problems with a string of unpaid bills.
In December last year, the ICC remitted around 40 per cent of the wages direct to players` bank accounts from the participation money due to Sri Lanka from the World Cup.
In February this year, the state-owned Bank of Ceylon said that they were releasing 600 million Sri Lankan rupees to meet SLC`s finances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption
- Indian ISIS operative says he met Paris bombing accused in Iraq last year