SLC fines cricketer for flight incident
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) has fined cricketer Ramith Rambukwella 50 per cent of his tour fee for causing a mid-air panic while on a British flight recently.
The Sri Lanka A cricketer will also receive a further warning by the Cricket Board as the SLC executive committee decided a disciplinary action following a committee report.
Rambukwella, in an inebriated state, had tried to open a British Airways flight door while flying back from the West Indies end of June.
He however had defended himself by saying that he was a natural sleep walker.
Team manager Jayantha Seneviratne had claimed that Rambukwella, whose father is a government minister, was not able to find the toilet door as the lights had been dimmed.
The British press reports said that panicked travellers had alerted the flight crew when Rambukwella was trying to open the flight door at 35,000 feet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy