SLC hires Lorgat as a special advisor
Colombo: Sri Lanka cricket board (SLC) has appointed former International Cricket Council chief executive Haroon Lorgat as a special advisor for three months.
The 52-year-old Lorgat, who finished his term at the ICC last month after serving as CEO for four years, has agreed to work with SLC in an advisory capacity for improving the "governance and administration" of the board until October 31, 2012.
"Mr. Lorgat has a wealth of knowledge and experience and we are delighted that he has agreed to work with us to improve the governance and administration of our cricket," SLC president Upali Dharmadasa said.
"As a board we are determined to tackle the challenges we face and to exploit the opportunities for the betterment of SLC.
"Mr. Lorgat is a seasoned administrator and I am excited that with his expertise we can work towards building a strong and sustainable future for SLC," he added.
The SLC has been struggling to repay debts of around USD 70 million.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian