SLC refutes Bindra arm twisting claims
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) on Monday refuted claims by Indian cricket administrator IS Bindra that a BCCI official had arm-twisted them to withdraw a report which had mentioned an Indian player allegedly violating the anti-corruption regulations during the Indian tour in 2010.
"Sri Lanka Cricket read with surprise, an account of an incident that supposedly lead to the filing of an anti- corruption report during the Indian tour of Sri Lanka in 2010 and the subsequent withdrawal of the said report due to `arm twisting` by the BCCI.
"We wish to state that such an incident did not take place as alleged and no report was submitted to the Indian Team Manager nor was an incident report filed with the Anti Corruption Unit of the ICC who were present during the series. The allegations that follow are therefore not pertinent," a statement issued by the acting CEO, Ashley de Silva said.
Bindra had claimed on Sunday that during India`s 2010 tour to Sri Lanka an official travelling with the team had taken a girl into the room of an Indian player who is also a prominent member of CSK team for last six seasons.
"It was observed on the footage that the girl spent the night prior to a game. It was also alleged that girl was sent by an individual on ICC`s list of suspected bookies. This incident was in gross violation of security as well as anti corruption regulations," Bindra claimed.
According to Bindra, the Sri Lankan Board had reported these sordid details in writing to the team Manager along with documentary evidence and also informed anti corruption official of ICC.
"It is understood that under pressure from an official of Indian Board, the Sri Lanka board was made to withdraw the report," Bindra said.
SLC last week similarly rejected claims by Vindoo Dara Singh that among the SLPL franchise owners were Indian bookies.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed