SLC refutes Bindra arm twisting claims
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) on Monday refuted claims by Indian cricket administrator IS Bindra that a BCCI official had arm-twisted them to withdraw a report which had mentioned an Indian player allegedly violating the anti-corruption regulations during the Indian tour in 2010.
"Sri Lanka Cricket read with surprise, an account of an incident that supposedly lead to the filing of an anti- corruption report during the Indian tour of Sri Lanka in 2010 and the subsequent withdrawal of the said report due to `arm twisting` by the BCCI.
"We wish to state that such an incident did not take place as alleged and no report was submitted to the Indian Team Manager nor was an incident report filed with the Anti Corruption Unit of the ICC who were present during the series. The allegations that follow are therefore not pertinent," a statement issued by the acting CEO, Ashley de Silva said.
Bindra had claimed on Sunday that during India`s 2010 tour to Sri Lanka an official travelling with the team had taken a girl into the room of an Indian player who is also a prominent member of CSK team for last six seasons.
"It was observed on the footage that the girl spent the night prior to a game. It was also alleged that girl was sent by an individual on ICC`s list of suspected bookies. This incident was in gross violation of security as well as anti corruption regulations," Bindra claimed.
According to Bindra, the Sri Lankan Board had reported these sordid details in writing to the team Manager along with documentary evidence and also informed anti corruption official of ICC.
"It is understood that under pressure from an official of Indian Board, the Sri Lanka board was made to withdraw the report," Bindra said.
SLC last week similarly rejected claims by Vindoo Dara Singh that among the SLPL franchise owners were Indian bookies.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened