SLC says BCCI rubbished Perera IPL fixing allegations
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket on Wednesday said that the BCCI has cleared its all-rounder Thisara Perera of alleged match-fixing in this year`s IPL.
"Sri Lanka Cricket wishes to announce that the alleged match-fixing charges referred to Thisara Perera in a certain Indian Newspaper, has been totally refuted by the Anti Corruption
Unit of the Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI)," SLC said in a statement.
According to media reports, a Mumbai-based bookie had fixed an IPL match for Rs 6 crore after striking deals with four players of Sunrisers Hyderabad -- Thisara Perera, Hanuma Vihari, Karan Sharma, Ashish Reddy.
The alleged bookie`s statement has been included by the Mumbai police crime branch in its
chargesheet filed on Saturday.
Perera is currently playing in the Champions League representing the Sunrisers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list