SLC says BCCI rubbished Perera IPL fixing allegations
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket on Wednesday said that the BCCI has cleared its all-rounder Thisara Perera of alleged match-fixing in this year`s IPL.
"Sri Lanka Cricket wishes to announce that the alleged match-fixing charges referred to Thisara Perera in a certain Indian Newspaper, has been totally refuted by the Anti Corruption
Unit of the Board of Control of Cricket in India (BCCI)," SLC said in a statement.
According to media reports, a Mumbai-based bookie had fixed an IPL match for Rs 6 crore after striking deals with four players of Sunrisers Hyderabad -- Thisara Perera, Hanuma Vihari, Karan Sharma, Ashish Reddy.
The alleged bookie`s statement has been included by the Mumbai police crime branch in its
chargesheet filed on Saturday.
Perera is currently playing in the Champions League representing the Sunrisers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand