SLC to seek new mandate over ICC revamp
Colombo: Having abstained at the crucial voting for the ICC revamp plan in Singapore on Saturday, Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) said it would seek a further domestic mandate to deal with the controversial proposals.
"At the ICC Board meeting held today in Singapore, the revised resolution relating to the governance, competition and financial models of ICC were presented. The scope of the resolutions presently proposed were substantially changed, for which SLC required a fresh mandate from Executive Committee and stakeholders," a release from the SLC said.
The Board said its representative at the ICC Board meeting abstained from voting as SLC was unable to obtain such a mandate today. It said SLC would therefore have to go back to the Executive Committee and stakeholders before voting on the resolutions.
"In the above context, we will seek to obtain a fresh mandate based on the above in order to express SLC`s stance at the next ICC Board meeting scheduled in April," the SLC said.
Analysts here expressed shock at the local governing body`s shift in stance vis-a-vis the ICC proposals as the SLC had said recently after a meeting with its stakeholders that it would oppose the controversial proposals authored by India, England and Australia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you