SLC VP K Mathivanan "forced" to resigned
Colombo: Sri Lanka Cricket (SLC) vice president K Mathivanan today resigned after he was forced to withdraw his nomination to the top job in the election of his cricket club.
Mathivanan, until today, was the President of the Colombo Colts Cricket Club.
"I have decide to resign from the Vice Presidency," Mathivanan said.
"There is no point in continuing at SLC when I am not allowed to be re-elected to head my club."
Sources said Mathivanan was forced to give up his nomination for the re-election to the presidency of Colts at the AGM of the South Colombo club, scheduled for tonight.
Mathivanan withdrawl would now allow SLC secretary Nishantha Ranatunga to take up the post unopposed.
Former SLC secretary Mathivanan was instrumental in improving the facilities at Colts.
Colts is a leading club in Sri Lanka`s club-based domestic first class competition and has produced international stars such as Chaminda Vaas and the present national captain Angelo Mathews.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan