Sledging at times is done in good humour: Tendulkar
Mumbai: He has faced the most furious fast bowlers in the world but according to Sachin Tendulkar sledging by speedsters is something that needs to be taken in "good humour."
The ace cricketer has been roped in as the brand ambassador for a gaming and experience centre Smaaash, where the cricket simulators mimic the bowlers.
When asked about his reaction when someone of Wasim Akram`s stature tried to use sledging tactics, Tendulkar answered,"It adds flavour to experience. It is one thing to face 90 miles per hour against great bowlers and Wasim obviously was a world class bowler. One of the greatest to have played this sport."
"There is also humour behind everything, whatever experience you share with these great players. It is as good as playing a match with them. You get to hear a lot of things from them but things which are not meant to be heard are not recorded," he added.
Tendulkar said that budding cricketers would enjoy the simulator as they get an opportunity to face world class bowlers, adding that a few inputs which were duly incorporated.
"It is a wonderful experience for budding cricketers to face the bowling of great cricketers who have played this sport. How would you get a budding cricketer to face Warne or how are you going to get Muralitharan, Brett Lee or Malinga? This is the closest you can get to facing these guys. Experience how the ball passes through your nose at 90 miles an hour. This is where you need to experience that," he said.
An F1 fan, Tendulkar was in praise for the F-1 simulator and said,"I think the simulator is simply unbelievable. To experience the g-force is something you cannot express.
"You have to accelerate and then put the brakes. That is when you feel the g-force...The F-1 drivers do it for good three hundred kilometres and to do that and sustain that competitiveness is a different cup of tea. I thoroughly enjoyed. It was my first experience and it is so close to being actually in a Formula One car."
Shripal Morakhia, who conceptualised it, said that this is first of it`s kind globally and plan to have 15 such centres around the globe in the next two years.
"We have got demand from Pakistan, US, Sri Lanka and Australia," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says