Smith fined 10 percent match fee
Kolkata: Mumbai Indians batsman Dwayne Smith Saturday was fined 10 percent of his match fee for breaching the Indian Premier League (IPL) Code of Conduct during the Qualifier 2 match against Rajasthan Royals at the Eden Gardens Friday.
Smith admitted to the Level 1 offence of conduct contrary to the spirit of the game. For Level 1 breaches of the IPL Code of Conduct, the match referee’s decision is final and binding.
The Mumbai Indians beat Rajasthan Royals for a place in the final where they will take on Chennai Super Kings at Eden Gardens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living