Smith fined 10 percent match fee
Kolkata: Mumbai Indians batsman Dwayne Smith Saturday was fined 10 percent of his match fee for breaching the Indian Premier League (IPL) Code of Conduct during the Qualifier 2 match against Rajasthan Royals at the Eden Gardens Friday.
Smith admitted to the Level 1 offence of conduct contrary to the spirit of the game. For Level 1 breaches of the IPL Code of Conduct, the match referee’s decision is final and binding.
The Mumbai Indians beat Rajasthan Royals for a place in the final where they will take on Chennai Super Kings at Eden Gardens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video
- Aamir Khan as Mahavir Singh Phogat in 'Dangal' title track looks phenomenal!