Smith fined 10 percent match fee
Kolkata: Mumbai Indians batsman Dwayne Smith Saturday was fined 10 percent of his match fee for breaching the Indian Premier League (IPL) Code of Conduct during the Qualifier 2 match against Rajasthan Royals at the Eden Gardens Friday.
Smith admitted to the Level 1 offence of conduct contrary to the spirit of the game. For Level 1 breaches of the IPL Code of Conduct, the match referee’s decision is final and binding.
The Mumbai Indians beat Rajasthan Royals for a place in the final where they will take on Chennai Super Kings at Eden Gardens.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!