Smith guides Proteas to consolation win
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Potchefstroom: Former captain Graeme Smith guided South Africa to a one wicket win over New Zealand.
Smith scored 116 off 130 balls with 14 hits to the fence.
Earlier New Zealand scored 260 runs in their quota of 50 overs thanks largely to half centuries from Elliott, Munro and Franklin.
South Africa started the chase on a positive note but lost their way in the middle overs with wickets falling at quick successions.
It needed a century from Smith and a last ball six from Ryan McLaren to hand the Proteas a consolation victory in the third and final ODI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY