Smith guides Proteas to consolation win
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Potchefstroom: Former captain Graeme Smith guided South Africa to a one wicket win over New Zealand.
Smith scored 116 off 130 balls with 14 hits to the fence.
Earlier New Zealand scored 260 runs in their quota of 50 overs thanks largely to half centuries from Elliott, Munro and Franklin.
South Africa started the chase on a positive note but lost their way in the middle overs with wickets falling at quick successions.
It needed a century from Smith and a last ball six from Ryan McLaren to hand the Proteas a consolation victory in the third and final ODI.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest