Smith hails Proteas’ character following hard-fought Adelaide Test draw
Johannesburg: South Africa captain Graeme Smith lauded his players’ incredible character after the Proteas batsmen held out for 148 overs against a pumped up Australian attack in the drawn Adelaide Test.
“We had that little bit of hope this morning but at four down last night we knew that the writing was on the wall,” a website quoted Smith, as saying.
“Today I wanted to see the guys show a little bit of character. As the day goes on the emotions fuel and you become more tense as the guys out there put so much time and effort in,” he added,
“I think for me it was incredible to see the guys who represented us out there, the skill, determination and pride which they took in their performances. They represented us and a lot of people back home immensely, that was the most fulfilling thing from today,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees