Smith hails Proteas’ character following hard-fought Adelaide Test draw
Johannesburg: South Africa captain Graeme Smith lauded his players’ incredible character after the Proteas batsmen held out for 148 overs against a pumped up Australian attack in the drawn Adelaide Test.
“We had that little bit of hope this morning but at four down last night we knew that the writing was on the wall,” a website quoted Smith, as saying.
“Today I wanted to see the guys show a little bit of character. As the day goes on the emotions fuel and you become more tense as the guys out there put so much time and effort in,” he added,
“I think for me it was incredible to see the guys who represented us out there, the skill, determination and pride which they took in their performances. They represented us and a lot of people back home immensely, that was the most fulfilling thing from today,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre