Smith hails Proteas’ character following hard-fought Adelaide Test draw
Johannesburg: South Africa captain Graeme Smith lauded his players’ incredible character after the Proteas batsmen held out for 148 overs against a pumped up Australian attack in the drawn Adelaide Test.
“We had that little bit of hope this morning but at four down last night we knew that the writing was on the wall,” a website quoted Smith, as saying.
“Today I wanted to see the guys show a little bit of character. As the day goes on the emotions fuel and you become more tense as the guys out there put so much time and effort in,” he added,
“I think for me it was incredible to see the guys who represented us out there, the skill, determination and pride which they took in their performances. They represented us and a lot of people back home immensely, that was the most fulfilling thing from today,” he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Maysore Maharaja Yaduveer ties knot with princess Trishika of Dungarpur
- India becomes full member of Missile Technology Control Regime
- Singapore Airlines plane catches fire at Changi Airport
- Govt's insensitivity towards Pampore terror attack martyrs leaves nation stunned
- Mysore Maharaja Yaduveer Wadiar ties knot with princess Trishika Singh of Dungarpur, Rajasthan
- Brexit will greatly weaken EU, says European Commission Vice-President Maros Sefcovic
- SHOCKING! This model ran sex racket under guise of production house in Mumbai's Versova, arrested
- 'BJP will retain power at Centre in 2019 Lok Sabha elections'
- Theatre doyen Kavalam Narayana Panicker passes away; he was 88
- AugustaWestland VVIP chopper scam: None will be spared, asserts Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar