Smith returns to South Africa for birth of his first child
Cape Town: South Africa Test captain Graeme Smith has returned home for the birth of his first child.
Smith will miss the two-day warm-up match against Worcestershire, but will return in time for the preparations for the second Test match with England that starts on July 30 at Leeds.
Smith scored a century in his 100th Test match against England over the weekend before the Proteas on Monday completed an innings and 12-run victory.
Meanwhile, all-rounder Albie Morkel has been released to play for Somerset County Cricket Club, who will be playing in the quarterfinals of the T20 Competition on Tuesday.
Morkel will travel to Taunton on Monday and join up with the Proteas squad in Worcester on Thursday ahead of the two-day warm-up match.
The Proteas squad will travel to Worcester on Wednesday, the venue for their two-day warm-up match against Worcestershire starting on Friday.
They will then travel to Leeds on Sunday to start preparations for the second Test match at Headingley.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical