Smith says Cook faces huge task to resurrect `stale` England
London: Former South Africa Test captain Graeme Smith has said that England captain Alastair Cook has a huge task ahead of him of resurrecting a `stale` team following a dismal winter.
Smith said that Cook needs to answer some important question like, do the players trust him adding that it is going to take a lot of energy.
According to the BBC, opener Smith said that `captaining and opening` is taxing and Cook will have to focus on performing.
The former South African skipper also said that England looks a little `stale` to him and he feels as if they need new energy adding that it looks like England need`s a direction or someone to stir them up.
Smith further added that if Cook has learned from experience and understands where he needs to go then it is good for him.
Cook led England to a 5-0 Ashes washout in Australia, followed by ODI and Twenty20 series loss to the same hosts, the report added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Need manicure tips at home? Watch this video now!
- Telangana Intermediate Second Year Result 2016, Telangana TS Inter 1st Year Results 2016, Telangana BIE Class 12 Supplementary Results 2016 to be declared today; check bie.telangana.gov.in
- Dwayne Johnson to produce film adaptation of 'Son of Shaolin'
- Honda to launch City-based hatchback soon
- BJP publication dares ally Sena to take 'divorce'