Smith says Cook faces huge task to resurrect `stale` England
London: Former South Africa Test captain Graeme Smith has said that England captain Alastair Cook has a huge task ahead of him of resurrecting a `stale` team following a dismal winter.
Smith said that Cook needs to answer some important question like, do the players trust him adding that it is going to take a lot of energy.
According to the BBC, opener Smith said that `captaining and opening` is taxing and Cook will have to focus on performing.
The former South African skipper also said that England looks a little `stale` to him and he feels as if they need new energy adding that it looks like England need`s a direction or someone to stir them up.
Smith further added that if Cook has learned from experience and understands where he needs to go then it is good for him.
Cook led England to a 5-0 Ashes washout in Australia, followed by ODI and Twenty20 series loss to the same hosts, the report added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- Grand Alliance set to win Bihar election: Survey
- Mother Teresa’s Missionaries of Charity orphanages to be derecognised?