Smith says Cook faces huge task to resurrect `stale` England
London: Former South Africa Test captain Graeme Smith has said that England captain Alastair Cook has a huge task ahead of him of resurrecting a `stale` team following a dismal winter.
Smith said that Cook needs to answer some important question like, do the players trust him adding that it is going to take a lot of energy.
According to the BBC, opener Smith said that `captaining and opening` is taxing and Cook will have to focus on performing.
The former South African skipper also said that England looks a little `stale` to him and he feels as if they need new energy adding that it looks like England need`s a direction or someone to stir them up.
Smith further added that if Cook has learned from experience and understands where he needs to go then it is good for him.
Cook led England to a 5-0 Ashes washout in Australia, followed by ODI and Twenty20 series loss to the same hosts, the report added
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Is it time for India to respond militarily to Pak terror instead of peace talks?
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’