Smith to lead Australia A in Africa
Melbourne: Cricket Australia`s (CA) National Selection Panel (NSP) on Wednesday named a 15-man squad for Australia A`s tour to Africa in July and August.
All-rounder Steve Smith will lead the side, and right-hand bat Aaron Finch has been named as his deputy.
The side will play three four-day matches against Zimbabwe and South Africa A in July before the tri-series involving South Africa A and India A in August.
The Australian squad is: Steve Smith (Captain), Aaron Finch (vice-captain), Ashton Agar, Fawad Ahmed, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Alex Doolan, Josh Hazlewood, Moises Henriques, Nic Maddinson, Mitchell Marsh, Shaun Marsh, Glenn Maxwell, Tim Paine, Gurinder Sandhu, Chadd Sayers.
Pat Cummins will travel with the squad as a development player.
Of the squad, national selector John Inverarity said: “This is a young squad with abundance of talent and all players will be pressing for higher honors. Steve Smith has been appointed captain and should gain a great deal of leadership experience from the tour.”
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list