Sobers’ historic ``six sixes`` cricket ball up for auction
London: Sir Garfield Sobers’ famous ``six sixes`` cricket ball is expected to draw some significant bids when it goes up for auction at Bonhams this summer.
Auctioneers Bonhams have released details of the sporting memorabilia available under auction this summer, and Sobers’ historic cricket ball is a part of it, The Mirror reports.
Sobers’ achieved this extraordinary feat during a county game between his team Nottingham and Glamorgan on August 31, 1968.
Glamorgan bowler Malcolm Nash was the ill-fated victim, who watched all six of his deliveries fly over the boundary for six.
Sobers` bat from that match was auctioned off 12 years ago and fetched 54,257 pounds, but the ball remained in private hands until now.
The historic ball goes up for auction at Bonhams this summer, along with a selection of other notable sporting memorabilia from Olympic and general sporting history.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why