Some foreign IPL players still owe contract money: FICA
New Delhi: The Federation of International Cricketers Association (FICA) on Friday claimed that the Indian Premier League organisers are yet to clear the "contract payments" of some foreign players despite repeated reminders.
The FICA said that Australia`s Simon Katich and Ramnaresh Sarwan of the West Indies were among a number of players whose contracts were not honoured by the IPL.
"A number of players whose contracts were `subsidised` by the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) have recently contacted FICA to assist in recovering the amounts," FICA chief executive Tim May said in a statement.
"Despite numerous attempts by the players to recover these amounts, not only do the amounts still remain unpaid, but the IPL/BCCI have recently failed to respond to communications made by the players and their representatives," he said.
"FICA last month wrote to the (then) IPL chairman Mr Chirayu Amin on behalf of the players to draw his attention to the matter, but to date neither we nor the players have received a response," May added.
FICA said the unpaid amounts relate to the third edition of the Twenty20 league in 2010.
Although, both Katich and Sarwan did not play in the IPL in 2010, but remained under contract with the King`s XI Punjab franchise as they were signed for three years.
The FICA chief executive called for the intervention of newly-elected BCCI president, N Srinivasan and IPL chairman, Rajiv Shukla and hoped the duo would resolve the issue.
"We trust that these two gentlemen will ensure that BCCI will address these payments as a matter of urgency," May said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- IT raids Delhi's Axis bank branch, finds Rs 100 cr deposited in 44 fake accounts
- Panel discussion over why opposition stopped PM Modi from speaking?
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Kapil Sharma is sweating it out! See pics
- This happens only in Pakistan? You won't believe what this boy did in front of his lady teacher - WATCH
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- Unseen Video: On Yuvraj Singh, Hazel Keech's wedding reception, MS Dhoni greets couple with a hug