Some of my boys return as men: Thomas
Chennai: Somerset might have lost a match that looked well within their grasp but skipper Alfonso Thomas prefers to count the positives after his side`s semifinal exit from Champions League Twenty20.
The English county side lost by 10 runs to Mumbai Indian last night to bow out of the event and Thomas said there are positives to be taken at the end of their campaign.
"Definitely we are disappointed but it was something we hadn`t imagined landing up just 24 hours before the first match, and reaching this far. There were a couple of boys in the side and they would return as men," he chuckled.
Middle-over slackness was as much a problem as the late-over succumbs and Thomas lamented that one of their pinch-hitters Kieron Pollard was part of the rival team last night.
"We lost a bit in the middle overs, but that`s usually the time Polly (Kieron Pollard) bats for us and he was playing for the other team.”
"We wanted to go with the minimum amount of runs in the last over. But James Franklin bowled a spectacular over, and then (Lasith) Malinga was too hot to handle," he observed.
Overall, he was satisfied with his team`s performance.
"The first Champions League (2009) launched my career, but we didn`t perform particularly well in the series. But this time we have really fought hard and I`m proud of my boys. They have entertained right from the first match," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer? - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of India's first-ever indigenous space shuttle RLV-TD
- DNA: Analysis of Chabahar pact signed between India, Iran and Afghanistan
- DNA: Analysis of the plight of Onion farmers in India
- Jayalalithaa sworn in as Tamil Nadu CM for sixth time, inducts 32 ministers
- Oil prices dip as Iran says no plan to freeze output
- IMF said Greece needs 'unconditional' debt relief from EU creditors
- Man who wanted to “shake hands with lions” arrested!
- Manipur HSLC Results 2016 : (manresult.nic.in) Manipur Board HSLC (10th Class) Results 2016, BSEM 10th (HSLC) Results to be declared today