Sourav Ganguly becomes Bengal`s coaching committee chairman
Kolkata: Former India captain Sourav Ganguly was on Friday made chairman of Bengal`s cricket coaching committee.
The former left-handed batsman will lead a five member panel that also includes Hiranmoy Chatterjee, Samir Dasgupta, Debabrata Das and Rupnath Roychowdhury, the CAB decided at its working committee meeting here today.
Ganguly had earlier chaired a star-studded cricket development committee that also included former Bengal greats like Ashok Malhotra and Arun Lal but the body hardly met as the members were preoccupied with their respective commitments.
"As of now there`s no need of cricket development committee, if need be, we will once again call the committee," CAB president Jagmohan Dalmiya said after the working committee meeting.
The primary objective of the coaching committee will be to oversee and conduct coaching camps to develop Bengal cricket.
Bengal had earlier announced Ashok Malhotra as the coach for the upcoming season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- DNA: Analysis of first SECC survey in eight decades
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?