Sourav Ganguly hails India `A` tour to South Africa
Kolkata: Former captain Sourav Ganguly on Wednesday hailed the BCCI`s intiative for India `A` team`s tour to South Africa ahead of the gruelling Test series.
"A team is going ahead of the Test series, so that`s a good preparation. This team has a potential," Ganguly told reporters after attening CAB`s annual general meeting here today.
Cheteshwar Pujara-led India `A` will compete in a ODI tri-series also involving Australia `A` before two four-day games beginning August 8.
Asked about Virat Kohli`s captaincy in the ongoing Zimbabwe ODI series, Ganguly said the Delhi youngster has a long way to go.
"It was just for the Zimbabwe series. First let him become captain, then we will say."
Ganguly further predicted that England, with a 2-0 lead in the Ashes, would retain the high-voltage series against Australia.
A member of the Bengal cricket development committee, Ganguly further wished new coach Ashok Malhotra best wishes for the upcoming season.
"I`m yet to speak to him. I just want to wish him good luck and hope the team plays well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Islamic State selling sex slaves on Facebook for $8,000
- Puducherry: Narayanasamy to meet Lt Gov Kiran Bedi today, stake claim to form govt
- Armed squad kills 11 people in Venezuela: Official
- Khalistan terror camp running in Canada to attack Punjab; Justin Trudeau govt alerted
- Barack Obama could be Hillary's secret weapon in rallying Democratic support: Report