Sourav Ganguly hails India `A` tour to South Africa
Kolkata: Former captain Sourav Ganguly on Wednesday hailed the BCCI`s intiative for India `A` team`s tour to South Africa ahead of the gruelling Test series.
"A team is going ahead of the Test series, so that`s a good preparation. This team has a potential," Ganguly told reporters after attening CAB`s annual general meeting here today.
Cheteshwar Pujara-led India `A` will compete in a ODI tri-series also involving Australia `A` before two four-day games beginning August 8.
Asked about Virat Kohli`s captaincy in the ongoing Zimbabwe ODI series, Ganguly said the Delhi youngster has a long way to go.
"It was just for the Zimbabwe series. First let him become captain, then we will say."
Ganguly further predicted that England, with a 2-0 lead in the Ashes, would retain the high-voltage series against Australia.
A member of the Bengal cricket development committee, Ganguly further wished new coach Ashok Malhotra best wishes for the upcoming season.
"I`m yet to speak to him. I just want to wish him good luck and hope the team plays well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'