Sourav Ganguly hails India `A` tour to South Africa
Kolkata: Former captain Sourav Ganguly on Wednesday hailed the BCCI`s intiative for India `A` team`s tour to South Africa ahead of the gruelling Test series.
"A team is going ahead of the Test series, so that`s a good preparation. This team has a potential," Ganguly told reporters after attening CAB`s annual general meeting here today.
Cheteshwar Pujara-led India `A` will compete in a ODI tri-series also involving Australia `A` before two four-day games beginning August 8.
Asked about Virat Kohli`s captaincy in the ongoing Zimbabwe ODI series, Ganguly said the Delhi youngster has a long way to go.
"It was just for the Zimbabwe series. First let him become captain, then we will say."
Ganguly further predicted that England, with a 2-0 lead in the Ashes, would retain the high-voltage series against Australia.
A member of the Bengal cricket development committee, Ganguly further wished new coach Ashok Malhotra best wishes for the upcoming season.
"I`m yet to speak to him. I just want to wish him good luck and hope the team plays well."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- French Open champ Garbine Muguruza withdraws from Montreal
- Olympics 2016: More Russians banned in mounting Rio toll
- Throwback! Diana Penty’s Italian vacation pics will inspire you to visit the country
- Singer Shweta Pandit gets married to Italian beau Ivano Fucci
- Nation remembers "Missile Man" APJ Abdul Kalam on his 1st death anniversary