Sourav is the best Indian captain: Azhar
Kolkata: Former India captain Mohammad Azharuddin said it was Sourav Ganguly`s good work that has helped Mahendra Singh Dhoni yield rich dividends.
"Sourav Ganguly was the best India captain who made a major turnaround in Indian cricket in bad times. Current captain M S Dhoni has improved it further to yield highest dividend," Azharuddin said.
Azharuddin declined to make any comment about Sourav not being bought by any of the 10 franchises.
"Its upto the management of the franchisees."
Welcoming players in cricket administration, the former India captain said, "Its always good for players in administration as has been done in the Karnataka Cricket Association."
Azhar feels that there is no need to speculate on Sachin Tendulkar`s retirement.
"Sachin knows what he is doing. He doesn`t need any service."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why