Sourav is the best Indian captain: Azhar
Kolkata: Former India captain Mohammad Azharuddin said it was Sourav Ganguly`s good work that has helped Mahendra Singh Dhoni yield rich dividends.
"Sourav Ganguly was the best India captain who made a major turnaround in Indian cricket in bad times. Current captain M S Dhoni has improved it further to yield highest dividend," Azharuddin said.
Azharuddin declined to make any comment about Sourav not being bought by any of the 10 franchises.
"Its upto the management of the franchisees."
Welcoming players in cricket administration, the former India captain said, "Its always good for players in administration as has been done in the Karnataka Cricket Association."
Azhar feels that there is no need to speculate on Sachin Tendulkar`s retirement.
"Sachin knows what he is doing. He doesn`t need any service."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video