South Africa announce preliminary squad for Champions Trophy
Johannesburg: The preliminary squad of 30 players for the ICC Champions Trophy tournament to be played in England and Wales in June has been revealed by Cricket South Africa (CSA).
The final squad of 15 will be named later this month.
Rilee Rossouw of the Knights is the only player in the group yet to represent the Proteas in any format.
Henry Davids of the Titans and Chris Morris of the Highveld Lions have not played in an ODI before.
The Proteas squad includes AB de Villiers , Kyle Abbott, Hashim Amla, Farhaan Behardien, Henry Davids, Quinton de Kock, Marchant de Lange, JP Duminy, Faf du Plessis, Dean Elgar, Imran Tahir, Colin Ingram, Jacques Kallis, Rory Kleinveldt, Ryan McLaren, David Miller, Morne Morkel, Chris Morris, Justin Ontong, Robin Peterson, Wayne Parnell, Aaron Phangiso, Vernon Philander, Rilee Rossouw, Graeme Smith, Dale Steyn, Rusty Theron, Lonwabo Tsotsobe, Roelof van der Merwe, Vaughn van Jaarsveld.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- India mourns APJ Abdul Kalam; PM to receive body at Palam airport
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Parliament pays tributes to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam, calls him 'real gem' of India
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?