South Africa defeat Bangladesh by 39 runs
Zeenews Sports Bureau
Harare: Boosting up their preparations ahead of the T20 World Cup, South Africa defeated Bangladesh by 39 runs in the second match of theTwenty20 Triangular Series.
In the absence of regular skipper Johan Botha, Hashim Amla led the side from the front as he batted through the innings and scored 88 runs from just 53 balls.
Amla and Richard Levi (37 from 21) provided their side a rollicking start by adding 70 runs in just 6.2 overs before Levi was dismissed by Ziaur Rahman. The net run rate was maintained by useful knocks from Colin Ingram (29 from 22) and Albie Morkel (22 from 18). But it was a brutal cameo from Duminy that helped the Proteas cross the 200-run mark.
In the last over bowled by Abul Hasan, Duminy scored 23 runs as Amla remained unbeaten on 88.
Bangladesh batsmen succumbed to the mammoth score and Mushfaqir Rahim (50 from 32 balls), fell short of partners and in spite of their best efforts, Bangladesh were well short of the huge total.
Bangladesh have now lost two matches in a row after they were stunned by Zimbabwe in the first match.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Failed to secure confirmed reservation in train? Now you can travel in pantry car!
- Europe to 'free up space' by kicking out tens of thousands of Pakistanis