South Africa looking for ‘vengeance’ against Black Caps
Johannesburg: South Africa would be eyeing some sort of retribution in their forthcoming tour of New Zealand after they were thrashed 5-1 on their last tour to New Zealand in 2003/04.
Sport24 believes the Proteas have a score to settle this time around when they tour New Zealand.
“There was little indication of the angst to follow when they roared into a 1-0 lead in the six-match series, courtesy of a five-wicket victory with two balls to spare at Auckland’s famous rugby temple of Eden Park, Boeta Dippenaar and Shaun Pollock scrambling them over the line,” said Rob Houwing, the papers chief reporter.
“But it was all downhill from there in the sometimes ill-tempered series, as the Stephen Fleming-led Black Caps won all of the next five ODI’s on the trot for a surprisingly emphatic 5-1 outcome in their favour,” he added.
Graeme Smith, Robin Peterson, Jacques Kallis and Albie Morkel are the only four survivors of that 2003-04 squad. The Proteas are ranked third in the ODI cricket rankings whereas New Zealand is tottering at seventh place.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof