South Africa`s Wayne Parnell joins Sussex
London: South Africa bowler Wayne Parnell has agreed to join English county Sussex for the second half of next season.
Parnell will take over from Pakistan paceman Rana Naved-ul-Hasan as the county`s overseas player from June, pending approval from Cricket South Africa.
The 21-year-old left-arm seamer has represented South Africa in all three formats of the game and played in England for Kent in 2009.
Parnell, who is in the South Africa squad for the forthcoming World Cup, said: "I`m very excited about the prospect of playing for Sussex.
"I believe it will be a great learning curve and I will definitely gain more experience playing alongside some seasoned professionals as well as international cricketers."
Sussex`s professional cricket manager Mark Robinson added: "We are delighted that one of South Africa`s brightest talents has joined us.”
"He will give us not only a wicket-taking threat, but the potential for valuable runs."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Prime Minister Modi's rapidfire politics on Gandhi Jayanti
- DNA: Analysis of Lal Bahadur Shastri's mysterious death
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves