South Africa turns down Bangladesh tour request
Johannesburg: South Africa have turned down a request from Bangladesh to play a limited over series in May primarily because of a hectic schedule, the country`s cricket board said on Wednesday.
The Bangladesh Cricket Board, after their brief Pakistan tour this month was postponed following a court order, had approached Cricket South Africa (CSA) with a proposal to play one-day and Twenty20 internationals in May.
"Unfortunately there are too many practical obstacles that prevent us from accepting this commitment," CSA acting chief executive Jacques Faul said in a statement.
"At the moment most of our senior Proteas are spread around the world in England and India and those who are at home are undergoing rehabilitation from injuries picked up during the past season.
"We also have to bear in mind that the Proteas have a hectic schedule ahead of it with very important tours to England and Australia with the World Twenty20 in Sri Lanka sandwiched in between," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Here's why Donald Trump called PM Narendra Modi
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!