2nd Test: Do-or-die situation for Graeme Smith
Zee Media Bureau/ Suyash Srivastava
New Delhi: He might have led South Africa extremely well in the past, but skipper Graeme Smith now finds himself in a do-or-die situation against Australia in the ongoing Test series.
Smith had a forgettable first Test where he just faced three balls and was dismissed by Mitchell Johnson in both innings. Even in the Test series against India, while AB de Villiers and Faf du Plessis entertained the home crowd with some massive knocks, Smith managed to score a half-century, that too not convincingly.
In the two Test series against Pakistan in 2013, Smith struck form in the last match played at Dubai, where he slammed 234 runs and was also involved in a crucial partnership with AB de Villiers. But as South Africa trail 0-1 against Australia, the team management would want Smith to lead from the front and contribute with the bat.
Everybody knows what happened with England when they returned from the Ashes series after suffering enough humiliation at the hands of the Aussies. In case if South Africa experience something similar on their home ground, Smith would probably be the first one who will have to bear the wrath of the selectors.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- Uttarakhand board Class 10th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- Goa GBSHSE SSC Class 10th Results 2016 to be declared today May 25, 2016 at 3 PM
- Uttarakhand board Class 12th results 2016 to be declared today on May 25, 2016 at 11 AM
- 'Russia killed 28,000 militants in Syria, third of all IS forces'
- Thousands of migrants saved in 23 rescue operations off Libya