Is MS Dhoni going through toughest phase of his career?
Zee Media Bureau/ Yogesh Pandey
New Delhi: Team India skipper Mahendra Singh Dhoni`s days are troublesome these days. Under-fire due to the recent back-to-back losses in Test and ODIs, Dhoni has been engulfed with four-pronged attack by cricket fans and experts.
The last Test against New Zealand could have given him some respite, but that opportunity was too lost by the captain as his Kiwi counterpart Brendon McCullum mauled Indian bowling and saved the Test. Since then, Dhoni is facing huge clamour for his removal as Test captain.
As if all was not enough, Dhoni has lost another chance to silence his critics, as a result of a side strain injury he developed during Wellington Test which ruled him out of the forthcoming Asia Cup to be held in Bangladesh next week.
He could have retrieved the goodwill as a captain in Asia Cup, but now if the team registers a win there, kudos would go entirely to Virat Kohli, who has been roped in to lead the side in Dhoni`s absence.
Earlier this month, Dhoni`s name figured in Justice Mukul Mudgal`s panel report probing IPL fixing and betting scandal. Bookie Uttam Jain alias Kitti have named Dhoni and Raina in connection with IPL spot-fixing and betting when confronted by Trichi Railway SP Sampat Kumar.
Overall, the captain cool is facing the heat and probably going through the toughest phase of his career with criticism, allegations, defeats surrounding him one after another. Stars seem to be against the skipper.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of deployment of 100 Indian battle tanks in Ladakh border region- Part II
- DNA: Court acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching case
- DNA: Today in History, 26th June 2016
- Nation pays tribute to brave Indian soldiers on 17th 'Kargil Vijay Diwas'
- India deploys tanks in Ladakh to counter China's military build-up
- 6.3-magnitude earthquake hits off Papua New Guinea: USGS
- Brexit a danger to US financial stability: Treasury
- Pak group uses ‘pellet-hit’ images of PM Modi, Amitabh Bachchan for Kashmir issue
- 19 killed in knife rampage at Japan care home; suspect surrenders
- Government auditor suspects companies rigged 1st e-auction of coal blocks in 2015