Lyon`s dream 194 day not out sojourn finally comes to an end
Port Elizabeth: Australian spinner Nathan Lyon`s batting dream fell into pieces on day three of the second Test against South Africa.
The batting streak that continued for 194 days facing a total of 160 deliveries came to an end for Lyon after Proteas giant pacer Morne Morkel dismissed him for 15.
According to News.com.au, Lyons who was batting at No. 6 instead of his usual No. 11 saw an end to his incredible run of not outs stretching all the way back to the Ashes series in England.
The last time Lyons was out in a Test match was when Stuart Broad dismissed him for eight in Durham on August 2013 and since then he had quietly accumulated 79 runs in nine innings facing some of the world`s best bowlers.
However, Lyon`s enchanted run at No. 11 might have continued had he not faced the South African rampant pace attack to save face for his more esteemed batting colleagues, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet