Lyon`s dream 194 day not out sojourn finally comes to an end
Port Elizabeth: Australian spinner Nathan Lyon`s batting dream fell into pieces on day three of the second Test against South Africa.
The batting streak that continued for 194 days facing a total of 160 deliveries came to an end for Lyon after Proteas giant pacer Morne Morkel dismissed him for 15.
According to News.com.au, Lyons who was batting at No. 6 instead of his usual No. 11 saw an end to his incredible run of not outs stretching all the way back to the Ashes series in England.
The last time Lyons was out in a Test match was when Stuart Broad dismissed him for eight in Durham on August 2013 and since then he had quietly accumulated 79 runs in nine innings facing some of the world`s best bowlers.
However, Lyon`s enchanted run at No. 11 might have continued had he not faced the South African rampant pace attack to save face for his more esteemed batting colleagues, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Pakistan can inflict 'heavy losses' in war with India: Khawaja Muhammad Asif
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?