Michael Clarke reckons Oz bowling attack the best in Test cricket
Johannesburg: Australian captain Michael Clarke said he may sound biased, but believes his bowling attack is the best in Test cricket.
Clarke said after seeing the Australian fast bowlers over a long period of time he is convinced of it being the No. attack.
He said this in Potchefstroom, where the Australian team is preparing to play a four-day warm-up match against a South African Invitation XI, starting on Sunday.
Clarke said much of the success of South African bowlers was down to playing at home in favourable conditions.
The Australian squad arrived in South Africa on Wednesday, ahead of their three-match Test series against the Proteas starting in Centurion on February 12, Sport24 reports.
Clarke said he was not concerned who the favourites were for the clash, he was content with giving that label to the Proteas.
The Australian captain said it would be interesting to see how South Africa managed the void left following Jacques Kallis`s retirement from Test cricket.
Clarke said the personal relationships between the Australians and the South Africans had always been good, and he did not expect that to change in the upcoming series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda