Michael Clarke reckons Oz bowling attack the best in Test cricket
Johannesburg: Australian captain Michael Clarke said he may sound biased, but believes his bowling attack is the best in Test cricket.
Clarke said after seeing the Australian fast bowlers over a long period of time he is convinced of it being the No. attack.
He said this in Potchefstroom, where the Australian team is preparing to play a four-day warm-up match against a South African Invitation XI, starting on Sunday.
Clarke said much of the success of South African bowlers was down to playing at home in favourable conditions.
The Australian squad arrived in South Africa on Wednesday, ahead of their three-match Test series against the Proteas starting in Centurion on February 12, Sport24 reports.
Clarke said he was not concerned who the favourites were for the clash, he was content with giving that label to the Proteas.
The Australian captain said it would be interesting to see how South Africa managed the void left following Jacques Kallis`s retirement from Test cricket.
Clarke said the personal relationships between the Australians and the South Africans had always been good, and he did not expect that to change in the upcoming series.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Amit Shah addresses BJP's mega convention in Delhi
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?