SA vs Aus: Rain forces first Twenty20 international to be abandoned
Johannesburg: The first Twenty20 international between South Africa and Australia at St George`s Park was abandoned because of rain without a ball bowled on Sunday.
Rain fell steadily for most of the day, although at one stage the covers were removed and the pitch was rolled while match officials and some team members looked on. But a heavy shower ended any chance of play.
The three-match series provides both teams with an opportunity to prepare for the World Twenty20 in Bangladesh later this month.
The second match is scheduled for Durban on Wednesday and the final match is in Centurion on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside