SA vs Aus: Rain forces first Twenty20 international to be abandoned
Johannesburg: The first Twenty20 international between South Africa and Australia at St George`s Park was abandoned because of rain without a ball bowled on Sunday.
Rain fell steadily for most of the day, although at one stage the covers were removed and the pitch was rolled while match officials and some team members looked on. But a heavy shower ended any chance of play.
The three-match series provides both teams with an opportunity to prepare for the World Twenty20 in Bangladesh later this month.
The second match is scheduled for Durban on Wednesday and the final match is in Centurion on Friday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman