Smith vows to counter-attack Proteas as he did against England
Johannesburg: Australian batsman Steve Smith aims to launch a counter-attack against South Africa in the same fashion that he used twice to steady Australia`s bid for an 5-0 Ashes whitewash.
Smith enjoyed a breakthrough year in 2013, returning to the Test team after a two-year hiatus and playing all 10 matches in the back-to-back Ashes.
The 24-year-old cracked his maiden Test century at The Oval in August, then delivered sterling tons in the return series.
In Perth, he and Brad Haddin put on a 124-run stand to rescue Australia after they were reduced to 5-143, News.com.au reports.
At the SCG, it was a 128-run partnership between the pair that set Australia on track for yet another big win after they had slumped to 5-97 early on day one.
Smith said that was the most pleasing thing for me back home, to get two hundreds in probably the two toughest batting conditions in the Ashes series.
He agreed that might take longer than against England, given the precision of Vernon Philander and Dale Steyn.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- DNA: Aamir Khan clarifies his love towards nation but sticks to previous statement
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know