South African club batsman dies of head injury
Johannesburg: A South African club batsman died Sunday after being struck on the head, the national cricket association have announced.
Darryn Randall, 32, was hit on the side of the head while attempting to pull a delivery during a match in the eastern Cape town of Alice.
He collapsed and staff at the local hospital were unable to revive him.
Randall represented Border at youth and senior provincial levels and ran a primary-school cricket academy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Muslims worldwide had celebrated after 9/11: Donald Trump
- Reptile fossil explains how snakes lost their legs
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!