South African cricketers angry with latest setback in appointment of new CSA board
Johannesburg: The South Africa Cricketers` Association (SACA) chief executive, Tony Irish has claimed players are angry with the latest setback in the appointment of a new Cricket South Africa (CSA) board, apparently due to political reasons.
“Our cricketers have been patient through all of the problems and have given Cricket SA [CSA] their support and a fair opportunity to fix things,”Sports24 quoted Irish, as saying.
“Now, quite frankly, they are angry with this setback for what appears to be ``political`` reasons,” he added.
CSA was to vote in a new board of 11 members at its annual general meeting (AGM) on Saturday.
It has already appointed five independent directors and said the other six would consist of five affiliates and a CSA chief executive.
Last week, however, the SA Sports Confederation and Olympic Committee (SASCOC) raised an objection to the board structure, claiming it was contrary to SASCOC``s membership requirements.
CSA has since postponed its AGM to November 30, by which time it was hoped the matter would be resolved.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Watch: Hafiz Saeed warns India of more terror attacks
- DNA: Army declares all soldiers in Siachen avalanche dead
- DNA: Indian Navy set to conduct International Fleet Review 2016
- Modi should not think of sending forces to fight ISIS: AIMIM chief Owaisi
- `Jawaharlal Nehru awarded the man who stole Subhas Chandra Bose's INA treasure`
- Ten Army soldiers missing in Siachen avalanche presumed dead; PM Modi 'salutes' martyrs
- ‘Ghayal Once Again’ tweet review
- Deepika Padukone's first shot from 'XXX 3' revealed! See pic
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report