South African fans back McLaren to replace Kallis in Test team
Cape Town: South African fans have backed Ryan McLaren to replace Jacques Kallis in the Test team following his retirement.
Convener of the national selection panel, Andrew Hudson, earlier this week named Ryan McLaren and Wayne Parnell as the leading candidates to fill the void left by legendary all-rounder, Kallis.
Sport24 readers seemed to agree with Hudson`s choice of McLaren, with 45% of the total voters polled giving him endorsement as Kallis` successor.
The second favourite choice was Albie Morkel with 17% of the vote, whilst 13% of voters believed the only solution to filling Kallis` place was to pick a specialist batsman and a specialist seam bowler and to drop another player, possibly the spinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH