South African fans back McLaren to replace Kallis in Test team
Cape Town: South African fans have backed Ryan McLaren to replace Jacques Kallis in the Test team following his retirement.
Convener of the national selection panel, Andrew Hudson, earlier this week named Ryan McLaren and Wayne Parnell as the leading candidates to fill the void left by legendary all-rounder, Kallis.
Sport24 readers seemed to agree with Hudson`s choice of McLaren, with 45% of the total voters polled giving him endorsement as Kallis` successor.
The second favourite choice was Albie Morkel with 17% of the vote, whilst 13% of voters believed the only solution to filling Kallis` place was to pick a specialist batsman and a specialist seam bowler and to drop another player, possibly the spinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'