South African fans back McLaren to replace Kallis in Test team
Cape Town: South African fans have backed Ryan McLaren to replace Jacques Kallis in the Test team following his retirement.
Convener of the national selection panel, Andrew Hudson, earlier this week named Ryan McLaren and Wayne Parnell as the leading candidates to fill the void left by legendary all-rounder, Kallis.
Sport24 readers seemed to agree with Hudson`s choice of McLaren, with 45% of the total voters polled giving him endorsement as Kallis` successor.
The second favourite choice was Albie Morkel with 17% of the vote, whilst 13% of voters believed the only solution to filling Kallis` place was to pick a specialist batsman and a specialist seam bowler and to drop another player, possibly the spinner.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 4 pm
- Journalist covering Vyapam scam dies in Madhya Pradesh
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam