Southee likely to return from injury for England Test series
Wellington: New Zealand’s premier fast bowler Tim Southee is expected to return from injury during Black Caps’ three-match Test series against visiting England team. Southee injured his thumb fielding for Northern Districts against Wellington in a Plunket Shield clash, at Karori Park in Wellington, on December 19.
Early estimates were that Southee would miss six to eight weeks of cricket, but the 24-year-old remains out of the international setup after missing selection for the Black Caps`` Twenty20 and one-day teams to play England. National selection manager Kim Littlejohn said they want to take a conservative approach to Southee`s return, but hope that he will be available for the test series, starting on March 6 in Dunedin. Littlejohn said the next couple of weeks in terms of Southee’s rehab will tell, but medical reports are he`s going really well at the moment.
Southee, who missed the entire South African tour, was in fine form for North Districts before the injury, scoring 156 and taking seven wickets in the Wellington clash. Littlejohn said Southee’s progress has been slow but it’s going well, adding he had broken his thumb rather badly and ruptured a tendon. Littlejohn said New Zealand didn’t wanted to rush Southee into making an international return.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!