Southee likely to return from injury for England Test series
Wellington: New Zealand’s premier fast bowler Tim Southee is expected to return from injury during Black Caps’ three-match Test series against visiting England team. Southee injured his thumb fielding for Northern Districts against Wellington in a Plunket Shield clash, at Karori Park in Wellington, on December 19.
Early estimates were that Southee would miss six to eight weeks of cricket, but the 24-year-old remains out of the international setup after missing selection for the Black Caps`` Twenty20 and one-day teams to play England. National selection manager Kim Littlejohn said they want to take a conservative approach to Southee`s return, but hope that he will be available for the test series, starting on March 6 in Dunedin. Littlejohn said the next couple of weeks in terms of Southee’s rehab will tell, but medical reports are he`s going really well at the moment.
Southee, who missed the entire South African tour, was in fine form for North Districts before the injury, scoring 156 and taking seven wickets in the Wellington clash. Littlejohn said Southee’s progress has been slow but it’s going well, adding he had broken his thumb rather badly and ruptured a tendon. Littlejohn said New Zealand didn’t wanted to rush Southee into making an international return.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'