Sports should be kept out of political protest: Pak team
Bhubaneswar: Sports should be kept free of political protests, the women`s cricket team from Pakistan said today in a reference to large-scale protest against their country`s participation in the ongoing ICC Women’s World Cup tournament.
Be it Kabaddi, hockey or cricket, games should be out of other matters? Bashir Ali, manager of Pakistan women`s cricket team, said on arrival here from Cuttack on way back to his country.
ICC shifted the Group B match of the tournament to Cuttack at the last minute due to stiff opposition to Pakistani team in Mumbai.
As the matches were fixed at the eleventh hour, the Pakistani team was put up in OCA Club in Barabati stadium in Cuttack.
Pakistan Team captain Sana Mir was all praise for the hospitality, saying “I cannot forget the hospitality offered by the Odisha Cricket Association."
Terming her team`s serial defeat in the tournament as not pleasant?, Sana Mir said they had worked very hard for the last few years for the World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- WATCH: On this day in 1983, Kapil Dev's India were crowned world champion
- `Narasimha Rao used IB to keep an eye on Sonia Gandhi after Babri Masjid demolition`
- Iceland elects new president in vote eclipsed by Euros, Brexit
- We don't need people like Mukhtar Ansari in party: Akhilesh Yadav
- Talent is unstoppable! Alia Bhatt aspires for Hollywood