Sports should be kept out of political protest: Pak team
Bhubaneswar: Sports should be kept free of political protests, the women`s cricket team from Pakistan said today in a reference to large-scale protest against their country`s participation in the ongoing ICC Women’s World Cup tournament.
Be it Kabaddi, hockey or cricket, games should be out of other matters? Bashir Ali, manager of Pakistan women`s cricket team, said on arrival here from Cuttack on way back to his country.
ICC shifted the Group B match of the tournament to Cuttack at the last minute due to stiff opposition to Pakistani team in Mumbai.
As the matches were fixed at the eleventh hour, the Pakistani team was put up in OCA Club in Barabati stadium in Cuttack.
Pakistan Team captain Sana Mir was all praise for the hospitality, saying “I cannot forget the hospitality offered by the Odisha Cricket Association."
Terming her team`s serial defeat in the tournament as not pleasant?, Sana Mir said they had worked very hard for the last few years for the World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister