Sports should be kept out of political protest: Pak team
Bhubaneswar: Sports should be kept free of political protests, the women`s cricket team from Pakistan said today in a reference to large-scale protest against their country`s participation in the ongoing ICC Women’s World Cup tournament.
Be it Kabaddi, hockey or cricket, games should be out of other matters? Bashir Ali, manager of Pakistan women`s cricket team, said on arrival here from Cuttack on way back to his country.
ICC shifted the Group B match of the tournament to Cuttack at the last minute due to stiff opposition to Pakistani team in Mumbai.
As the matches were fixed at the eleventh hour, the Pakistani team was put up in OCA Club in Barabati stadium in Cuttack.
Pakistan Team captain Sana Mir was all praise for the hospitality, saying “I cannot forget the hospitality offered by the Odisha Cricket Association."
Terming her team`s serial defeat in the tournament as not pleasant?, Sana Mir said they had worked very hard for the last few years for the World Cup.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note