Spot-fixing: BCCI suspends 5 players
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: Five players, who are allegedly involved in spot-fixing shown by a news channel, have been provisionally suspended by the BCCI.
Abhinav Bali, TP Sudhindra, Mohnish Mishra, Shalabh Srivastava and Amit Yadav are the palyers who have been suspended for 15 days.
IPL chairman Rajiv Shukla stated that Ravi Sawani would head the preliminary enquery panel.
A TV channel on Monday had claimed to have done a sting operation wherein cricketers had confessed on hidden camera that they are paid more than their prescribed auction amount.
The channel had further claimed that spot-fixing is not only prevalent in the IPL but also in first class cricket where matches are fixed and women played an important role in match-fixing.
Among the five players pace bowler TP Sudhindra, who is playing this year’s IPL for Deccan Chargers, is the highest wicket-taker in the 2011-12 Ranji season. He plays for Madhya Pradesh in the Ranji Trophy.
Middle-order hard-hitting batsman Mohnish Mishra also plays for Madhya Pradesh in the Ranji Trophy. Though he was with Pune Warriors team in the start of the season, he was later released by the franchise as he was not in their scheme of things. Mohnish started his IPL career with Deccan Chargers.
Shalabh Srivastava, who along with Yuvraj Singh and Md. Kaif won the under-19 world-cup in 2000, plays for Kings XI Punjab. He did not play a single match this season.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list