Spot-fixing: Cash paid to Sreesanth recovered from Mumbai
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Thursday claimed to have recovered Rs 5.5 lakh, which was part of the Rs ten lakh allegedly paid to cricketer Sreesanth for spot-fixing in an IPL match, from Mumbai.
The recovery was made in Mumbai at the instance of Abhishek Shukla, who was arrested for allegedly removing money and articles of Sreesanth soon after the cricketer`s arrest in May 16.
Police sources said this recovery completes the money trail of Sreesanth.
Of the Rs ten lakh, Mumbai Police had recovered Rs 75,000 while Delhi Police claims it has evidence of Sreesanth spending around Rs 3.75 lakh for purchases and parties.
Police had taken Shukla, an event manager, to Mumbai yesterday for recovery.
Shukla has been charged under section 201 (causing disappearance of evidence) and taken to Mumbai for recovery of articles and money owned by Sreesanth which he had hidden, sources said.
"We have accounted for Rs 5 lakh out of the Rs 10 lakh Sreesanth got for alleged spot-fixing. Shukla has allegedly hidden the remaining amount belonging to Sreesanth as well as Jiju Janardhan, the cricketer`s friend.
"Soon after Sreesanth`s arrest, Jiju made a call to Shukla asking to clean up Sreesanth`s room," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof