Spot-fixing: Cash paid to Sreesanth recovered from Mumbai
New Delhi: Delhi Police on Thursday claimed to have recovered Rs 5.5 lakh, which was part of the Rs ten lakh allegedly paid to cricketer Sreesanth for spot-fixing in an IPL match, from Mumbai.
The recovery was made in Mumbai at the instance of Abhishek Shukla, who was arrested for allegedly removing money and articles of Sreesanth soon after the cricketer`s arrest in May 16.
Police sources said this recovery completes the money trail of Sreesanth.
Of the Rs ten lakh, Mumbai Police had recovered Rs 75,000 while Delhi Police claims it has evidence of Sreesanth spending around Rs 3.75 lakh for purchases and parties.
Police had taken Shukla, an event manager, to Mumbai yesterday for recovery.
Shukla has been charged under section 201 (causing disappearance of evidence) and taken to Mumbai for recovery of articles and money owned by Sreesanth which he had hidden, sources said.
"We have accounted for Rs 5 lakh out of the Rs 10 lakh Sreesanth got for alleged spot-fixing. Shukla has allegedly hidden the remaining amount belonging to Sreesanth as well as Jiju Janardhan, the cricketer`s friend.
"Soon after Sreesanth`s arrest, Jiju made a call to Shukla asking to clean up Sreesanth`s room," the official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Punjab's Gurdaspur; 3 killed