Spot fixing heartbreaking: Sophie Choudry
Mumbai: Expressing her grief over spot fixing in the Indian Premier League (IPL), singer-actress Sophie Choudry, a cricket fan, says it is "heartbreaking" to see such "criminal activity".
Three Rajasthan Royal players, including India pacer S. Sreesanth, have been arrested in connection with spot fixing. Actor Vindu Dara Singh has also been arrested.
"It`s heartbreaking. I am a huge cricket fan, I am somebody who has lived life by honesty. I hate cheating more than anything. It`s really heartbreaking," Sophie said here on the sidelines of a screening of the movie "Ishkq in Paris".
"Of course it`s a criminal activity. It is really sad as because of such acts, the image of your heroes goes on falling," she added.
Asked about her reaction on Sreesanth, she said: "It is sad Sreesanth has destroyed his career. He is a talented player.
"It just shows how a one-minute mistake can change your whole life."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- More than 8 lakh people affected by flood in UP
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week