Spot fixing heartbreaking: Sophie Choudry
Mumbai: Expressing her grief over spot fixing in the Indian Premier League (IPL), singer-actress Sophie Choudry, a cricket fan, says it is "heartbreaking" to see such "criminal activity".
Three Rajasthan Royal players, including India pacer S. Sreesanth, have been arrested in connection with spot fixing. Actor Vindu Dara Singh has also been arrested.
"It`s heartbreaking. I am a huge cricket fan, I am somebody who has lived life by honesty. I hate cheating more than anything. It`s really heartbreaking," Sophie said here on the sidelines of a screening of the movie "Ishkq in Paris".
"Of course it`s a criminal activity. It is really sad as because of such acts, the image of your heroes goes on falling," she added.
Asked about her reaction on Sreesanth, she said: "It is sad Sreesanth has destroyed his career. He is a talented player.
"It just shows how a one-minute mistake can change your whole life."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Grief stricken people shout slogans as Kalam's body carried out of hospital
- Punjab: Gurdaspur gunbattle ends, all terrorists killed
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- PM Modi condoles APJ Abdul Kalam's death
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Cricket series can't happen along with terror attacks: Anurag Thakur warns PCB