Spot fixing heartbreaking: Sophie Choudry
Mumbai: Expressing her grief over spot fixing in the Indian Premier League (IPL), singer-actress Sophie Choudry, a cricket fan, says it is "heartbreaking" to see such "criminal activity".
Three Rajasthan Royal players, including India pacer S. Sreesanth, have been arrested in connection with spot fixing. Actor Vindu Dara Singh has also been arrested.
"It`s heartbreaking. I am a huge cricket fan, I am somebody who has lived life by honesty. I hate cheating more than anything. It`s really heartbreaking," Sophie said here on the sidelines of a screening of the movie "Ishkq in Paris".
"Of course it`s a criminal activity. It is really sad as because of such acts, the image of your heroes goes on falling," she added.
Asked about her reaction on Sreesanth, she said: "It is sad Sreesanth has destroyed his career. He is a talented player.
"It just shows how a one-minute mistake can change your whole life."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman