Spot fixing heartbreaking: Sophie Choudry
Mumbai: Expressing her grief over spot fixing in the Indian Premier League (IPL), singer-actress Sophie Choudry, a cricket fan, says it is "heartbreaking" to see such "criminal activity".
Three Rajasthan Royal players, including India pacer S. Sreesanth, have been arrested in connection with spot fixing. Actor Vindu Dara Singh has also been arrested.
"It`s heartbreaking. I am a huge cricket fan, I am somebody who has lived life by honesty. I hate cheating more than anything. It`s really heartbreaking," Sophie said here on the sidelines of a screening of the movie "Ishkq in Paris".
"Of course it`s a criminal activity. It is really sad as because of such acts, the image of your heroes goes on falling," she added.
Asked about her reaction on Sreesanth, she said: "It is sad Sreesanth has destroyed his career. He is a talented player.
"It just shows how a one-minute mistake can change your whole life."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Chile stun Argentina to win first Copa America crown