Spot-Fixing: Imran Farhat kingpin, Veena Malik ringleader?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: After the Southwark Crown Court found Pakistani cricketers Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir guilty of spot-fixing, Dheeraj Dixit, a Sports Photo Journalist, came out with sensational claims that this was just the tip of the iceberg.
He alleged that opener Imran Farhat is the kingpin of the match-fixing players and there still were a number of them in Pakistan team who were into fixing the games. Dheeraj further asserted that since Farhat’s father-in-law was an influential man in the cricketing administration of Pakistan, also having served as a national selector, Farhat was running the operation without fear.
Dixit also said that actress and ex-girlfriend of tainted fixer Mohammad Asif, Veena Malik was also in the loop and served as a broker between the parties. Imran Farhat’s relative in London was managing the money transactions.
“Veena called me on my from Pakistan when I was in Dhaka and said that I (Veena) am able to cut seven players, you please get me one of India`s big businessmen who can put money into the match-fixing,” Dixit told reporters.
Veena Malik, in the meanwhile, has denied the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vidya Balan looks enchanting as Geeta Bali in 'Ekk Albela' poster! – View pic
- Mark Zuckerberg to connect with ISS astronauts via Facebook Live
- Top aide of Hizb-ul-Mujahideen commander surrenders in Kashmir
- Darshan Kumaar, Randeep Hooda and Vijender Singh showcase 'Jat power punch'! See pic
- Fifty years after his death, VD Savarkar trending on Twitter: Know why