Spot-Fixing: Imran Farhat kingpin, Veena Malik ringleader?
Zeenews Sports Bureau
New Delhi: After the Southwark Crown Court found Pakistani cricketers Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Amir guilty of spot-fixing, Dheeraj Dixit, a Sports Photo Journalist, came out with sensational claims that this was just the tip of the iceberg.
He alleged that opener Imran Farhat is the kingpin of the match-fixing players and there still were a number of them in Pakistan team who were into fixing the games. Dheeraj further asserted that since Farhat’s father-in-law was an influential man in the cricketing administration of Pakistan, also having served as a national selector, Farhat was running the operation without fear.
Dixit also said that actress and ex-girlfriend of tainted fixer Mohammad Asif, Veena Malik was also in the loop and served as a broker between the parties. Imran Farhat’s relative in London was managing the money transactions.
“Veena called me on my from Pakistan when I was in Dhaka and said that I (Veena) am able to cut seven players, you please get me one of India`s big businessmen who can put money into the match-fixing,” Dixit told reporters.
Veena Malik, in the meanwhile, has denied the allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Parliament deadlock: BJP says blame Sonia if Monsoon Session washed out, calls Congress 'confused'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan