Spot-fixing row: Bookie Feroze arrested by Delhi police in Mumbai
Mumbai: Delhi Police on Wednesday arrested from Mumbai a bookie named Feroze, who was in direct contact with underworld don Dawood Ibrahim`s right hand Chhota Shakeel, in connection with the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
According to the police, the arrested bookie is one of the key members of the betting fraternity. Delhi Police had earlier said that it has credible evidence that underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and his associate Chhota Shakeel control the alleged betting and spot-fixing in IPL.
They have named the duo as co-accused in the case, and have invoked the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) against them.
Earlier today, bailed Indian speedster, Sreesanth, was happy to be out of jail and said that he wanted to forget the days spent in prison. Post-breakfast, a weary-looking and sporting a thick beard, Sreesanth said that he was elated after having homemade food with his family.
"I shall not stop training. I have had good food after 27 days. I would like to forget the 27 days," said Sreesanth. "I have great faith in the Indian judiciary. Now, the trial will start. I shall wait patiently," he added.
Earlier, Sreesanth along with Ankeet Chavan and 17 others was released on bail from Tihar Jail, after spending 26 days behind bars. He was accused of spot-fixing in Indian Premier League (IPL).
However, the court has asked them to surrender their passports, as they are not allowed to leave the country. Earlier, Delhi police had invoked the provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act, (MCOCA) against Sreesanth and other accused for their alleged nexus with the underworld in the spot fixing case.
The Indian pacer and former Test player, landed in his hometown of Kochi in Kerala to a rousing welcome. His fans greeted Sreesanth with warmth and supported their local hero.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand