Spot-fixing row: Bookie Feroze arrested by Delhi police in Mumbai
Mumbai: Delhi Police on Wednesday arrested from Mumbai a bookie named Feroze, who was in direct contact with underworld don Dawood Ibrahim`s right hand Chhota Shakeel, in connection with the IPL spot-fixing scandal.
According to the police, the arrested bookie is one of the key members of the betting fraternity. Delhi Police had earlier said that it has credible evidence that underworld don Dawood Ibrahim and his associate Chhota Shakeel control the alleged betting and spot-fixing in IPL.
They have named the duo as co-accused in the case, and have invoked the stringent Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act (MCOCA) against them.
Earlier today, bailed Indian speedster, Sreesanth, was happy to be out of jail and said that he wanted to forget the days spent in prison. Post-breakfast, a weary-looking and sporting a thick beard, Sreesanth said that he was elated after having homemade food with his family.
"I shall not stop training. I have had good food after 27 days. I would like to forget the 27 days," said Sreesanth. "I have great faith in the Indian judiciary. Now, the trial will start. I shall wait patiently," he added.
Earlier, Sreesanth along with Ankeet Chavan and 17 others was released on bail from Tihar Jail, after spending 26 days behind bars. He was accused of spot-fixing in Indian Premier League (IPL).
However, the court has asked them to surrender their passports, as they are not allowed to leave the country. Earlier, Delhi police had invoked the provisions of Maharashtra Control of Organised Crime Act, (MCOCA) against Sreesanth and other accused for their alleged nexus with the underworld in the spot fixing case.
The Indian pacer and former Test player, landed in his hometown of Kochi in Kerala to a rousing welcome. His fans greeted Sreesanth with warmth and supported their local hero.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?