London: Timeline of the spot-fixing scandal that led to the conviction of Pakistan cricketers Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif in the Southwark Crown Court on Tuesday.
• Aug 28: Police raid hotel rooms of Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Aamir and find cash allegedly paid by British Tabloid `News of the World during a sting operation on bookie Mazhar Majeed.
• Sept 2: ICC suspends Butt, Amir and Asif.
• Sept 3: Police interview Butt, Asif and Amir.
• Feb 5: ICC bans Butt for 10 years (five suspended), Asif for seven years (two suspended) and Aamir for five years.
• Feb 26: Aamir and Butt appeal bans in Court of Arbitration for Sport, followed by Asif on March 1 but hearings on hold until end of criminal proceedings in England.
• Oct 4: Asif and Butt trial begins at Southwark Crown Court.
• Nov 1: Salman Butt found guilty of conspiracy to cheat and conspiracy to obtain and accept corrupt payments. Mohammad Asif found guilty of conspiracy to cheat.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- DNA: 7th anniversary of 26/11 attacks, Nation pays homage to martyrs
- Jabalpur woman commits suicide over Aamir Khan's 'intolerance row'
- Minor girl allegedly gang-raped in Mumbai
- ISI plotting terror attacks on India in December: Sources