London: Timeline of the spot-fixing scandal that led to the conviction of Pakistan cricketers Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif in the Southwark Crown Court on Tuesday.
• Aug 28: Police raid hotel rooms of Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Aamir and find cash allegedly paid by British Tabloid `News of the World during a sting operation on bookie Mazhar Majeed.
• Sept 2: ICC suspends Butt, Amir and Asif.
• Sept 3: Police interview Butt, Asif and Amir.
• Feb 5: ICC bans Butt for 10 years (five suspended), Asif for seven years (two suspended) and Aamir for five years.
• Feb 26: Aamir and Butt appeal bans in Court of Arbitration for Sport, followed by Asif on March 1 but hearings on hold until end of criminal proceedings in England.
• Oct 4: Asif and Butt trial begins at Southwark Crown Court.
• Nov 1: Salman Butt found guilty of conspiracy to cheat and conspiracy to obtain and accept corrupt payments. Mohammad Asif found guilty of conspiracy to cheat.