London: Timeline of the spot-fixing scandal that led to the conviction of Pakistan cricketers Salman Butt and Mohammad Asif in the Southwark Crown Court on Tuesday.
• Aug 28: Police raid hotel rooms of Salman Butt, Mohammad Asif and Mohammad Aamir and find cash allegedly paid by British Tabloid `News of the World during a sting operation on bookie Mazhar Majeed.
• Sept 2: ICC suspends Butt, Amir and Asif.
• Sept 3: Police interview Butt, Asif and Amir.
• Feb 5: ICC bans Butt for 10 years (five suspended), Asif for seven years (two suspended) and Aamir for five years.
• Feb 26: Aamir and Butt appeal bans in Court of Arbitration for Sport, followed by Asif on March 1 but hearings on hold until end of criminal proceedings in England.
• Oct 4: Asif and Butt trial begins at Southwark Crown Court.
• Nov 1: Salman Butt found guilty of conspiracy to cheat and conspiracy to obtain and accept corrupt payments. Mohammad Asif found guilty of conspiracy to cheat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy?
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part II
- Fight for respect towards Dalits in UP merely a vote-garnering strategy? - Part III
- 2016 Olympics: Russia escape blanket ban, but IOC bars whistle-blower from Rio Games
- Pakistan Daily calls Nawaz Sharif's statement on Kashmir 'wishful thinking and unrealistic'
- Hungarian Grand Prix: Record fifth win sends Lewis Hamilton top
- Olympian predicts record medal haul from Indian shooters at 2016 Rio Games
- Watch video: NASA's SDO captures solar material bursting from the sun!