Spotlight on Butt at ICC meeting focusing on ‘spot-fixing’
Lahore: The International Cricket Council (ICC) Executive Board meeting in Dubai will be focusing on the ‘spot-fixing’ controversy, and Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) Chairman Ejaz Butt will be at its center stage, facing a number of crucial questions.
The ICC meeting, due on October 12 (today) and 13, will be updated over the developments in the spot-fixing allegations during the recent Pakistan tour of England, The Nation reported.
It will also be discussing other issues, including the ICC Chief Executives’ Committee (CEC) proposals for a new context and content for international cricket within the Future Tours Programme (FTP) 2012-2020, and its recommendations on future ICC events.
Though the spot-fixing scandal will be high on the agenda of the ICC executives, on the sidelines of the meeting, the PCB chief and the ICC chief executive are likely to work towards mending their relations.
The FTP is also expected to cover a major part of the discussions. Specifically, the ICC Board will consider that the programme should consist of a Test league to provide context for all Test matches. The league would determine the top four teams to qualify for an ICC Test play-off, which should be held once every four years to determine the Test champion team.
The FTP should also consist of a One-Day International league, the first to run from April 2011 until April 2014, culminating in the crowning of an ODI league champion. This would run separately from the ICC Cricket World Cup.
The ICC World Twenty20 should consist of a 16-team format from 2012, with the women’s event continuing to run alongside. The introduction of Twenty20 International rankings table as soon as this is justifiable, the paper said.
The Board will also receive updates from the Pakistan Task Team, the Zimbabwe Task Team, the Governance Review Committee and the ongoing preparations for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011 in Bangladesh, India and Sri Lanka.
It will also discuss the content and direction of the ICC Strategic Plan 2011-15 in the meeting.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Over 60 cadets killed in Pakistan police academy attack
- DNA: Exclusive report on the extreme sacrifices made by ITBP soldiers
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi's ''progressive'' remark on triple talaq
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Explosion in Delhi's Naya Bazar, one killed; anti-terror wing, Special cell at spot
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees