Sreesanth dropped from State Lottery Advertisement
Thiruvananthapuram: Tainted pacer S Sreesanth, arrested in spot-fixing allegation case, was on Friday dropped from the advertisement for the state run Kerala Lottery.
Sreesanth, who appeared in the advertisement for `Karunya Lottery`, was removed from the celebrities advertisement panel, State Lottery Directorate officials said here.
The Rajasthan Royal IPL team player along with two of his teammates were arrested by Delhi police yesterday for alleged spot fixing in three matches in the league.
State Minister for Finance K M Mani had instructed the lottery to remove Sreesanth from the Lottery advertisement in view of his arrest in the alleged spot-fixing case.
The advertisement for the Karunya Lottery, conducted for generating funds for treatment expenses of poor people suffering from serious ailments, features a number of celebrities from different walks of life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- LIVE: Jayalalithaa's condition critical after suffering cardiac arrest, huge crowd gathers outside Apollo hospital
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender