Sreesanth hopes to play for India again
Kochi: Claiming innocence and expressing faith in the judiciary, India Test pacer S Sreesanth, who was released on bail after being arrested for alleged involvement in the IPL spot-fixing scandal, on Wednesday said he is hopeful of making a comeback to the national side.
"I promise you I will never give up," Sreesanth, who is out on bail after spending 27 days in the Tihar Jail, said upon his return to his hometown.
"My dream obviously is to play cricket. All I want to do is to play cricket and get back into the team... It is a dream to play in the South African tour series. But I am not sure about it now," he told reporters soon after meeting his parents and relatives at nearby Tripunithura.
Despite being weary after his arrival here from Delhi Sreesanth said he was very happy to be back with his parents and said he would soon start training.
Asked if he had been `trapped` in the case, Sreesanth said, "I have done no wrong. The arrest could be part of a conspiracy. It will soon come out. I am confident good will happen."
On his experience in Tihar Jail, the pacer said he does not wish to explain anything.
"All I can say is that I love this game. I have given the very best from the day one I played this game. You must trust me. I totally believe in judiciary. I am waiting for everything to be sorted out. I will surely like to explain everything," he said.
Sreesanth said he got full support of the cricketing fraternity.
"Everybody was messaging. Thanks to them, thanks to Rajasthan Royals, BCCI, my family, friends, fans, media. I have no complaints against anybody. Everybody was doing their duty. I have no complaints against anyone," he said.
"Whatever has happened, has happened for a reason. I am happy to be home. Please pray for me. I promise not to give up," Sreesanth said.
He declined to reply when asked to comment on Delhi Police plans to file an appeal against his bail.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- IAF Mirage fighter plane lands on Yamuna Expressway!
- 'Maggi' under regulatory scanner for excess amount of lead, MSG
- Watch: Michelle Obama's 'Gimme Five' fitness video
- When Subramanian Swamy shocked people at a wedding!
- Mumbaikars join hands to save Pakistani teen with rare illness
- DNA: Analysis of Hurriyat chief Syed Geelani's passport issue
- DNA: Analysis of traffic system of Vancouver, Canada
- Mumbai: Diamond export company denies job to Muslim youth
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 21, 2015
- Mirage 2000 fighter jet landing was part of capability demonstration: IAF
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- PM Modi's key campaign team member may join Nitish Kumar
- Woman robbed at gunpoint inside Hyderabad ATM
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 expected to be announced on May 21
- RBSE (rajresults.nic.in) Class 12th science and commerce results 2015: Rajasthan Board Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced today at 4 PM
- CBSE Class 10 Results 2015 to be announced today?
- JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015: JAC 12th Inter Arts Result 2015 (jharkhandeducation.net) likely to be announced on Thursday May 21 at 1 PM
- IAF jet lands on Yamuna expressway
- Check Jharkhand Board jac.nic.in: Class 12th Art Results 2015 declared
- Log on to apeamcet.org AP EAMCET Results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET Marks and AP EAMCET Ranks 2015 declared
- Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results 2015: Andhra Pradesh EAMCET results to be announced on May 21 at www.apeamcet.org
- Fawad Khan doesn’t want intimate scenes with Sonam Kapoor?
- We hire only non-Muslim candidates, diamond export firm tells Muslim youth
- Is MSG in 'Maggi' noodles harmful for you?
- DHSE (dhsekerala.gov.in) 12th Result 2015: Kerala DHSE Class 12th XII exam results 2015 to be announced on May 21
- Mumbai firm booked for denying Muslim MBA graduate job on religious grounds, probe ordered
- SSLC (tnresults.nic.in) Tenth 10th Results 2015: Tamil Nadu Board Class 10th X Higher Secondary exam results 2015 to be declared on May 21
- 'IAS officer DK Ravi possibly committed suicide, suffered big loss in real estate business'