Sreesanth`s mother says family is happy and relieved
Kochi: Savitri Devi, mother of pacer S Sreesanth, who was granted bail by a Delhi court in the IPL spot fixing case on Monday, said she was happy and relieved with the court verdict.
The family was grateful to all the fans of the cricketer for their support and prayers, Savitri Devi told reporters here.
"I am happy he has got bail," she said.
Sreesanth`s mother was returning from the famous Chottinakara Devi temple near here when she heard about the news. She also offered prayers at the Edapally church.
The cricketer`s brother Dipusanth said Sreesanth was expected to be at Kochi by tomorrow evening.
Sreesanth, who is lodged in the Tihar jail, had been granted bail by a Delhi court after it criticisied the Delhi police for slapping the stringent provisions of MCOCA on Sreesanth, Ankeet Chavan and 17 others.
Delhi police has so far arrested 26 persons including Sreesanth, Chavan and Ajit Chandalia.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know
- See pic: Genelia marks son's birthday!